NSBF Byway Organization Awards – 2022
Your Byway Organization must be a NSBF member to apply (NSBF Byway Organization and DMO’s representing a Byway are eligible member categories).
- Byway Enhancement Award – Community-based improvement on the byway such as innovative signage, wayshowing, improved access to byway resources or sites such as hiking, biking, picnic areas, parks, water, etc.
- Communications Award – Raising the visibility of the byway to the public using technology: social media, website, apps, blogs, photography, video, newsletters, innovative news features.
- Hospitality Award – Training program for volunteers and front-line personnel, provide training and byway orientation efforts to raise awareness of the byway story and the visitor experience.
- Interpretation Award – Creative, innovative or educational projects, publications, panels or kiosks with emphasis on telling your byway story.
- Leveraging Resources Award – Innovative fundraising, in-kind or other revenue or resource-generating activity.
- Partnership Award – Projects that engaged multiple public-private partners and stakeholders.
- Viewshed Improvement Award – Conservation and protection of scenic views, beautification efforts, select-cutting of foliage and trees to regain lost views. Provided plantings or walls to shield junkyards, utility substations, and/or distracting views.
- Visitor Experience Award – Experiential or authentic activities or events, re-enactments, created new attractions or destinations for visitors to have a comprehensive experience about the byway and its story.
National Recognition for NSBF Award Winners
Application Process – Deadline February 18, 2022